Sparkle Name ACME Tutorial
Go to Bring On the Glitter,
Sparkling Dots, or
The Vault and find a sparkle image that you like.
This is the one I will use, from Bring On The Glitter.
- Right click on the sparkle image and choose "Properties".
Right click on the address (not the word address) and choose "Select All".
- Right click on the address and choose "Copy".
- Click "OK".
- Paste the address of the sparkle image into the address bar and press the "Go" button.
- Leave the sparkle image open and go to ACME Label Maker.
- Type what you want your Sparkle Name to say in the white box.
- Choose a font from the drop down box beside where you typed in the text. You can see sample of the fonts here.
- Change the text colour to "White" and the background colour to "Black".
- Click on the square beside "Transparent" so it has a check mark.
Make sure there is no check mark beside "Shadow". Leave all the filters as "none".
- Click the "Make Label" button.
Right click on your Sparkle Name and choose "Properties", then copy the address. It should look something like this:
- Go to Magick Studio.
- Ignore the filename box and the "Browse" button.
Paste the address from ACME into the URL box.
- Click on the "view" button.
You should now see the image from ACME. Make sure the colour of the text is white and there is no background colour (if this isn't the case, go back to the beginning and start again).
- Click on "Composite" at the top (it's at the end of the second row).
- Leave Magick Studio open and go back to the sparkle image and copy the address in the address bar.
- Go back to Magick Studio and paste the address of the sparkle into the URL box.
- Go down and find the "Compose" options then choose "Atop".
Go down and find the "Miscellaneous Options" and click the box beside "Tile across and down the image canvas" so that there is a checkmark in it.
- Go up and click on the "composite" button.
You should now see your sparkle name. It should not be sparkling/moving yet.
- Go to the top and click on "Output" (second button in the first row).
- Leave the settings alone and click on the "Output" button.
- You should now see your finished sparkle name. Right click on the picture and choose "Save Picture As" and save it as a gif file (if you save it as a bmp, png, jpg or anything else it will not sparkle).
If your sparkle name changes to a red x on your website, you are probably using the address from Magick Studio. You must upload it to your own image hosting account. Check out the Uploading Tutorial for help.
If your sparkle name is "blinking" or "flashing", try using a different glitter.
Sparkle Name Example