Mailing List Script
This is a simple mailing list script that you can install on your website for free.
- mailinglist.php - users can subscribe and unsubscribe here
- mailinglistadmin.php - admin can send emails, view members, edit members, and delete members
- mailinglistconnect.php - connects to the database
- mailinglistinstall.php - creates the table; this file should be deleted after installation
mailinglistfooter.php, mailinglistheader.php, and mailingliststyle.css are also included to change the style of the page.
- Follow the MySQL Tutorial to create a username and database for the mailing list.
- Upload the files to your website. Do not rename them.
- Open mailinglistconnect.php and change the username, password, and database variables with the ones found in the MySQL Tutorial.
- Also in mailinglistconnect.php, change the adminEmail variable to the email address you want the mailing list to be sent from.
- Run mailinglistinstall.php.
- When you receive the message "Table created successfully. Please delete mailinglistinstall.php now.", you should delete the file from your website.
Version 4.0 (January 7, 2012)
- Fixed a bug (displaying member list was not working).
Version 3.0 (July 13, 2011)
- Accept only valid email addresses.
- Check for empty email address when subscribing and unsubscribing.
- Check if script is already installed on mailinglistinstall.php.
- Added LIMIT 1 to most SQL requests to make it faster.
- Used htmlspecialchars() to prevent XSS attacks.
- Cleaned up code in general.
Version 2.0 (June 8, 2008)
- Updated script to be PHP5 compatible.
- Added stylesheet.
- Fixed users double registering.
Version 1.0 (January 26, 2008)
- Script created.
If you have any problems with this script, you can contact me.